The coldest days of the year are upon us, and while we typically use air conditioning more than heat in Florida, there are definitely days we need something to warm the house up. If you’re not sure if your heating system is working as well as it should, it might be time to call for service. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, give a Sarasota heating repair company a call.
- The air coming out of the vents doesn’t seem as warm as it did last year. Obviously, if you’re not feeling heat, the system isn’t working well, so it’s time to find out what’s going on.
- The heat doesn’t kick on even though the temperature is below the set point. This could be a problem with the thermostat or the heating system, but you definitely want it checked out so it comes on when needed.
- My heating system is making odd noises. If a previously quiet system is making different noises, it could be a symptom of a problem.
- The heat seems to run constantly, even when it’s not that cold out. You could have an issue with airflow, filters that need cleaning, or some other problem that’s not quite as obvious.
- My heating system is old. Anytime you have an older system, it’s always a good idea to get it checked out so it doesn’t quit on you at the worst possible time.
Ideally, homeowners should have their heating and air systems maintained on a regular basis which keeps things running well, and often catches issues before they become expensive repairs. If you are experiencing any of these problems, or just want to make sure your heating system is ready for the cold weather, contact us.