Heat Pumps are the preferred heating and cooling system for many people in the Bradenton area. However, when it comes to a heat pump repair things are handled a little differently than your typical HVAC unit.
Here are some things you can check on your Heat Pump unit before calling any local Air Conditioning Companies.
1. A Heat Pump that cycles on and off too quickly is almost always due to a problem with the thermostat.
2. Check the thermostat to make sure it’s the proper unit for a Heat Pump. You can’t use just any thermostat on a Heat Pump. The thermostat has to be made specifically for a Heat Pump. If you aren’t sure, you’ll need to get the make and model of the tstat and do a little research online.
3. The thermostat may not be calibrated properly. If you don’t know how to do this, then it’s best to call your local heat pump repair company.
4. If you have a new electronic thermostat, you’ll need to check the menu for something that says “Cooling Swing” and “Heating Swing” adjustment. You may also see the words “cycle rate,” “anticipation,” or “differential.” Once you’ve found that, change the setting to a larger swing setting. This will cause the unit to cycle on and off less frequently.
5. Some thermostat units have a mechanical heat anticipator adjustment. Just remove the unit from its base plate then turn it over and look for a small round dial with a lever that has numeric calibrations. Now look for the word “longer.” That is your heat anticipator. You’ll need to adjust the lever one calibration mark to the longer setting if your unit cycles on and off too frequently.
6. After making any adjustments to your thermostat, it may take several hours for your unit to stabilize at its new setting. Therefore, you may need to wait several hours to see if it’s working properly. If it’s not, then you’ll need to repeat the adjustment steps above until you get it where you want it.
7. You may have a clogged filter. Therefore, you’ll need to clean your filter to see if that may be the problem.
8. Your blower may be malfunctioning in which case you’ll need to call your local Heat Pump repair company for assistance.
If you’ve checked all of the above and nothing seems to fix the problem, you’ll need to call your local Bradenton Heat Pump repair technician. A Heat Pump is a little more complex than your average heating and cooling unit. Therefore, you shouldn’t make any repairs you’re not confident doing. In which case you can contact us. Nice Air LLC has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and we also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Give us a call today and ask about our current specials.